Vegan tiramisu is one of the easiest vegan dessert recipes to make at home. If you are looking for quick, healthy and completely plant-based desserts to make to your friends, family or your other half, whatever the occasion is (birthday, anniversary, dinner guests, or for no reason at all!) this is the best dessert you could ever make!
Even me, before I thought that it wasn’t possible to make a tiramisu without mascarpone, without eggs and dairy free. But since I tried this vegan tiramisu from my mother many years ago, I have completely changed my mind. Now I can enjoy a nice tiramisu without feeling guilty!
- 1/2 liter of barley coffee or normal coffee
- 300 ml of soy whipping cream
- 400 gr dry vegan biscuits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- organic cocoa powder to taste to be sprinkled above
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Hand mixer for whipping
- Rectangular baking dish
- To make the coffee, pour 1 l of water into a rather narrow and high pot and put 6 tablespoons of coffee suitable for cooking, bring to a boil and then lower the heat and stir so as not to raise the foam too much. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it cool and decant. When it is cold, filter and pass into a closable container, add the sweetener and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
- The prepare the baking dish, the biscuits, a large and low bowl to soak the biscuits in the barley coffee, a colander, the bitter cocoa and cinnamon on the work surface.
- We whip the cream that will have been placed in the fridge a couple of hours before.
- We start to dirty the pan with cream and on top we place the first layer of biscuits soaked in barley coffee, then a thin layer of cream and a light sprinkling of cocoa, using the colander, and a little cinnamon; cover with other biscuits, cream, a little cocoa and cinnamon and again for another 2 layers, we end up with a more consistent layer of cream and a more covering layer of cocoa.
- We cover with aluminum foil and put it in the fridge. This dessert rests the more it restes the better it tastes, let it rest from a minimum of a couple of hours to 1 day, the next day it reaches its maximum taste.